How to have Beautiful Legs without Varicose Veins
Varicose veins are painful, swollen veins that usually affect the legs. While you may not be able to keep them from forming, you can take steps to prevent them from worsening.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute mentions these prevention tips:
- Do not stand or sit for long periods without interruption.
- Don’t cross your legs while seated.
- Elevate your legs when sitting or lying down, keeping them raised above your heart.
- Get plenty of regular physical activity, strengthening the muscles in your legs.
- Lose any extra weight to help improve blood flow.
- Do not wear tight clothes, especially those that are constricting around the waist, groin or thighs.
- If your doctor says it’s a good idea, wear compression hose to help keep blood from pooling. Self-prescription is reasonably safe assuming that the compression gradient is 15-20 mmHg. “Firm” gradient stockings (20-30 mmHg and 30-40 mmHg) should generally be worn only on medical advice.
Another very effective remedy is to apply lemon juice on the legs, massage about 5 minutes, leave on for 10 minutes and then bathe as usual.
For the reason that lemon juice works as a venous tonic, strengthens and has an anti-inflammatory on the walls of the veins is wonderful to naturally treat the problems of varicose veins. Finally recommend massaging your affected legs or body portions at night with a mixture of two drops of lemon juice, two drops of lavender extract three drops of cypress essential oil and two tablespoons of sweet almond oil.
The fix Put your feet up—whether you’re sitting on the couch or at your desk. It will lessen the pressure on these veins and alleviate the often painful throbbing sensation that accompanies it. Also try eating a low-salt diet to lessen swelling, and avoid wearing high heels, which can prevent your calf muscles from pumping blood properly.
The fix You may not be able to stop them from appearing, but you can prevent them from spreading. Avoid crossing your legs. And wear support stockings if you need to sit or stand for long periods of time. This will increase blood flow and relieve the pressure on these delicate veins.